Personal Injury

Have you been injured in an accident?

No matter what accident you’ve been involved in or injury you’ve sustained, you should always take some immediate steps:

Visit a doctor as soon as possible. Of course, medical treatment is important, even life saving; in addition, the medical record of that early visit serves as the early documentation of your claim.

Find out the name and address of the person who caused your injury.

See that someone takes pictures of the accident site, particularly if you fall on ice or snow.

Whether you’ve sustained an injury in a car accident, a motorcycle wreck, a bicycle accident or a boating mishap, you will need a Personal Injury Attorney who can assist with your injury claim.

Car Accidents

Car accidents happen every day. If you’ve been involved in a car wreck, you may need help navigating the insurance ecosystem. Our first step is to analyze the coverage and limits on the other driver’s automobile liability policy. Sometimes, the other driver’s limits are not enough to pay for all of your damage; in this case, we determine if you have under insured motorist coverage on your policy. If the other driver has no insurance, your policy will provide uninsured motorist coverage for your injuries.

In any case, you will need an attorney to maneuver through this complicated landscape.

Wrongful Death

Wrongful death claims can be difficult and emotional. The claim is based on the economic loss that follows the death of a loved one and is tied up in future lost wages, lost contributions to retirement and loss of help at home, for example. You’ll need assistance working through the details of a wrongful death claim. I can help.

Motorcycle Accidents

Even though motorcycle owners have a separate policy on their motorcycles, often I find that motorcycle riders believe they have additional insurance on their motorcycles through their existing car insurance policy. In fact, many times, you may have a policy for your cars but your insurance company will not insure your motorcycle. If it’s feasible, it’s best to put all of your insurance policies with one company so you can design your uninsured and under insured limits to apply to motorcycle as well as car accidents.

If you’ve had the unfortunate circumstance of being involved in a motorcycle accident, I can help you with filing a claim and receiving compensation for your injuries.

Slip and Fall

I have handled many slip and fall cases in my tenure as an attorney. I can tell you that a picture is worth a thousand words. After a fall of this sort, you should first use of your phone to call for help. However, before you leave the scene, it’s critical that you take pictures of the scene. If ice and snow caused your fall, be sure your pictures capture the conditions. Last, be sure to notify the landowner of your injury.

Bicycle Accidents

Bicycle accidents are tricky to sort out when it comes to insurance coverage. The hunt for insurance is more complicated than other kinds of vehicle accidents because there is typically not specific coverage for bicycle mishaps.

For example, consider whether a hazard on someone’s land caused your accident. Then, homeowners insurance may cover your injuries under these circumstances.

Or, did another cyclist negligently cause your accident? Again, look to the homeowner’s insurance of the at-fault cyclist.

If a car driver causes your accident, then his or her automobile liability insurance will be on the hook. Or your uninsured or under-insured motorist policy may come into play.

I have helped many bicycle accident victims through this confusing maze of insurance.

Boating Accidents

Boating accidents can cause severe, and even deadly, injuries. Much like bicycle accidents, insurance claims on these sorts of situations can be confusing and complicated. If you’ve been involved in an accident on a water vehicle and have sustained injuries as a result, you will need an experienced attorney to work through the resulting claims. Call me today. I can help.

If you believe you are entitled to personal injury benefits, please call me today.

If you have a Personal Injury question for Howard, just ask him.
Call (608) 255-6300, or Send Howard a Message